Date:      Sun, 21 Nov 1999 14:03:06 -0500
From:      Bob Johnson <bobj@atlantic.net>
To:        Todd Doucet <todd@lugaru.com>
Cc:        freebsd-doc@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: documentation problem, imho

At 01:54 AM 11/21/1999 -0500, Todd Doucet wrote:
>2.  From within /stand/sysinstall, I selected
>    the "X Developer" item.  When I'm all
>    finished with this item, nothing happens.
>    I'm just returned to the Index.  I am at
>    a loss to figure out what I'm supposed to do.

I don't particularly want to re-configure my system to
test this, but I think you were almost there.

If you select "Custom" and then "Distributions", you can
then select the "X Developer" distribution.  I gather this
is what you did.  After you exit from that menu, you need
to select "Commit" to have it actually perform the
installation of the new distribution.

I'm reluctant to test that advice on my system, but my
recollection is that I've done it that way in the past.

Also, the "correct" way to do this is to select "Configure"
from the main menu, then "Distributions", and then select
the X-Developer distribution.  When I do that on my system,
X isn't a choice (at all).  It does seem that there may
be a bug there.  X also isn't available when I do a
"Custom" distribution selection from Install.

Also, I have a 3.1 system, so the current state of things
may be a little different.

-- Bob