Date:      Tue, 22 Apr 2003 07:45:53 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Daryl Chance <chancedj@yahoo.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Serial Console Question (re-sent w/ subject)

sorry about the double send, the first email I forgot
the subject.  Also removed sig.

[I've sent this a couple times yesterday and once
today, but I can't find it in the archives anywhere -
could an admin check to see if the mailing software is
rejecting my mail from stinkfist@tribalwar.com?  I'm
registered w/ the list at that address.  I'm most
definately receiving email from both questions and
current(this on a different account)]

I've searched the handbook and haven't found anything
about this.  I'm trying to setup a serial console for
some remote machines i'm admining.  I want to set it
up using null modem cables, as it says in the handbook
like so:
www:s1 - sql:s2
www:s2 - mail:s1
sql:s1 - mail:s2

>From what i've read it needs a dumb terminal?  Is it
possible to do it without using this and only setting
it up with the null modem cables and nothing else?  I
assume this is possible, but the documentation doesn't
seem to say anything about using only the cables and
nothing more.

Thanks,
Daryl

PS: I apologize if yahoo adds html to the email.