Date:      Mon, 19 Jun 2000 18:03:01 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Brett Taylor <brett@peloton.runet.edu>
To:        James Howard <howardjp@wam.umd.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-advocacy@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Response to Fatal Flaw in BSD (part 2)

Hi,

On Mon, 19 Jun 2000, James Howard wrote:

> So here is the revised version, please send me anything you think
> needs changing.

> * Second, the Kerberos code could have been released under the GPL.
>   If this had happened, the Microsoft would have surely refused to

			  then

> Why did Microsoft choose not to use existing code? I cannot say. The
> license would have allowed them completely use the existing code without

  license allows them to use the existing code as is without

> However, despite legal availability of code, it was not used and this

					 the code,

> So we are now left with Leibovitch's articlewhich is clearly designed

				       article which

> of Kerberos is an ``example of real harm to the frees software

						  free software

> which is based on a BSD license. The X Windows System's widespread
> availability and interoperability is also based on it's liberal

						     its

Brett
Dr. Brett Taylor         brett@peloton.runet.edu    *
Dept of Chem and Physics			    *
Curie 39A	(540) 831-6147                      *
Dept. of Mathematics and Statistics		    *
Walker 234	(540) 831-5410			    *