Date:      Mon, 18 Jun 2001 08:30:42 -0400
From:      "Crespo, Ramon" <IMCEAEX-_O=STIS_OU=STIS_CN=RECIPIENTS_CN=RCRESPO@STIS.com>
To:        "'freebsd-alpha@freebsd.org'" <freebsd-alpha@freebsd.org>
Subject:   alpha's reading cdr's

Hello All,

I've been trying to install FreeBSD-4.3-RELEASE on a nice PWS 600a (old NT
machine) here ,but I don't think the CD-ROM reads cdr's .. It wouldn't boot
off of it and now it won't read it after I use the boot diskettes to boot up
the machine. Also it is possible to upgrade the SRM BIOS after I've
installed FreeBSD right? Just download the appropriate files and then start
up via the SRM console? I have 5.67 [Alpha Bios] on here and I think that
5.7 was the newest.. its a Miata GL for those who are wondering. If you can
point me to any specific documentation concerning any of these matters it
will be very well appreciated.

Thanks
Ramon Crespo