Date:      Mon, 27 Dec 2004 09:11:34 -0700
From:      Jon Drews <jon.drews@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-advocacy@freebsd.org
Subject:   How to deploy FreeBSD desktops ?

Hi:

 Can anyone give me advice on how I should go about deploying and
maintaining FreeBSD desktops, in a company setting? I know how to do
it for my own FreeBSD desktop but how would I manage 30 to 50
simultaneous installs?  Also what would be an effective way to track
ports so that I don't inadvertently portupgrade to an unstable
version of software? Would I set aside one computer for tracking
ports? That is, suppose I have Gnome 2.6.2 in use but I want to
evaluate 2.8.0. How should I test it? Superficially, it would seem a
simple thing but how can  I be sure that my use of 2.8.0 replicates
what be normal usage, throughout the company?
 Any pointers or advice would be appreciated.

                                                           Kind regards,
                                                           Jonathan