Date:      Tue, 16 Jan 2001 03:09:18 -0500
From:      "Dennis Jun" <dennisjun@home.com>
To:        "Pavol Adamec" <pavol_adamec@tempest.sk>
Cc:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: TCP_DROP_SYNFIN doesn't work?

I have also implemented TCP_RESTRICT_RST as well.

# TCP_DROP_SYNFIN adds support for ignoring TCP packets with SYN+FIN. This
# prevents nmap et al. from identifying the TCP/IP stack,...

That is from LINT. Thus the reason for my question. My friend just
upgraded his Linux kernel to 2.4.0 with the same option and it works for
him. Thus I'm suspecting I'm doing something wrong but I wanted to know if
others had this problem as well.