Date:      Sat, 6 Nov 99 18:00:27 PST
From:      Ken Harrenstien <klh@netcom.com>
To:        freebsd-gnats-submit@FreeBSD.org, freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.org
Cc:        klh@netcom.com
Subject:   Re: ports/14750: SSH port fails to build using 3.3 CD-ROM

False alarm (I think).

This still bugged me so I went back and hooked up the CD-ROM drive
again to verify the contents of the ports collection.  It turns out
that the CD-ROM ports tree for SSH is actually identical (except for a
README.html file) to that on ftp.FreeBSD.org.

My theory now is that this was being caused by leftover patch files
from 3.2.  Although I was doing a full installation of 3.3, the
install process evidently failed to clear the old /usr filesystem -- I
suppose this must be pilot error somewhere, god knows there are enough
places to screw up -- and I unknowingly wound up doing an upgrade
instead, which I believe merely extracts over on top of existing
files, and won't detect the presence of existing files not from the
distribution.

So, there may be some problems illustrated here, but the SSH port
isn't one of them.  Sorry.

--Ken