Date:      Tue, 31 Aug 2004 16:12:23 -0500
From:      "Donald J. O'Neill" <donaldj1066@fastmail.fm>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: newest kdelibs fails to build

I took this from the announcement on the ports list:
Packages are available for i386 for 4-STABLE and 5-CURRENT
(5.3-BETA) from
http://rabarber.fruitsalad.org

Did you run pkgdb -fF? As I said before, I had to fix the broken
dependencies on kdelibs and kdepim before "portupgrade -pv kde\*
quanta\*" would work.

Do you have qt-3.3.3 installed on your systems. You need to have
that. If not, install it first. Do you have arts-1.3.0,1 installed.
if not, install that next, it has a dependency on qt in order to
build from ports. Then install kdelibs-3.3.0, from ports. It has
dependency on qt and arts in order to build. After that try
upgrading using portupgrade, or if you have truly trashed kde,
build kde-3.3.0, the meta port. Then, build any other kde ports you
need.

I run FreeBSD 5.2.1p9. There aren't any kde packages for it yet,
maybe there are now, well I know there are, I built them and
they're sitting on my system, but they not generic built.

Don

--
Donald J. O'Neill
donaldj1066@fastmail.fm