Date:      Sun, 18 Feb 2001 23:39:16 -0800
From:      Jos Backus <josb@cncdsl.com>
To:        arch@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: DJBDNS vs. BIND

[This is rapidly turning into a bikeshed...]

On Mon, Feb 19, 2001 at 12:25:50AM -0700, Wes Peters wrote:
> Some of the assumptions behind the operation of djbdns may not hold true
> for your installation.

Some of those behind BIND's operation may not either.

BIND's instability and problems are costing people and companies all over the
world real time and money.

> That, along with the unmaintainability of the software fails to convince me
> it is a viable replacement for BIND.

Again, what's there to maintain? Fix bugs/security problems?

				   -= * =-

I can't help getting the impression that people don't care to give djbdns a
proper look because of the way they perceive its author. Who cares what kind
of personality the author has, as long as the code works and is
well-supported?

--
Jos Backus                 _/  _/_/_/