Date:      Sun, 16 Jul 2006 14:16:23 -0400
From:      Anthony Agelastos <iqgrande@gmail.com>
To:        amistry@am-productions.biz, DougB@FreeBSD.org, asa@agava.com
Cc:        ports@FreeBSD.org, FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   hpijs/hplip, foomatic-rip, and CUPS 1.2.0

Using either hpijs or hplip (which displays the printer driver as
hpijs since hpijs is part of the hplip codebase), /usr/local/libxec/
cups/filter/foomatic-rip still has issues with network printing
(foomatic-rip fails). Does anyone have any ideas for me to try? Does
anyone out there have network printing working with hpijs/hplip and
CUPS 1.2.0? I am running FreeBSD 6.1-STABLE. Thank you for your
assistance. Am I reporting my problems appropriately, or do I need to
file a bug report, and if so, where do I file one (I could not find
the location)?

On a sidenote, I was having difficulties installing hpijs when hplip
was already installed (they are not listed, AFAICT, as ports that
conflict with each other). I think if I were to remove hplip, hpijs
would install fine.

-Anthony