Date:      Sun, 19 Dec 2004 21:26:54 +0100 (CET)
From:      =?ISO-8859-2?Q?Kov=E1cs_P=E9ter?= <kovacspeter2@freemail.hu>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   portupgrade error

Hello,

When running portupgrade I face this error:
"Generating INDEX.tmp - please wait..make: illegal option -- C
usage: make [-Beiknqrstv] [-D variable] [-d flags] [-E
variable] [-f makefile]
            [-I directory] [-j max_jobs] [-m directory] [-V
variable]
            [variable=value] [target ...]
"Makefile", line 16: warning: "make -C
/usr/ports/net/tkabber/../../devel/tcllib -V PORTVERSION"
returned non-zero status
mod_php3-3.0.18_4: "/usr/ports/textproc/expat" non-existent
-- dependency list incomplete
===> www/mod_php3 failed
*** Error code 1

Before reporting this error, verify that you are running a
supported
version of FreeBSD (see http://www.FreeBSD.org/ports/) and
that you
have a complete and up-to-date ports collection.  (INDEX
builds are
not supported with partial or out-of-date ports collections
-- in
particular, if you are using cvsup, you must cvsup the
"ports-all"
collection, and have no "refuse" files.)  If that is the
case, then
report the failure to ports@FreeBSD.org together with relevant
details of your ports configuration (including FreeBSD version,
your architecture, your environment, and your /etc/make.conf
settings, especially compiler flags and WITH/WITHOUT settings).

Note: the latest pre-generated version of INDEX may be fetched
automatically with "make fetchindex".

*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports."

I am running a supported version of FreeBSD: 4.8
How can I correct this?

Peter