Date:      Tue, 22 Feb 2005 08:20:47 -0800
From:      Eric Anholt <eta@lclark.edu>
To:        Oliver Lehmann <lehmann@ans-netz.de>
Cc:        amd64@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Matrox G400DH + amd64

On Tue, 2005-02-22 at 14:15 +0100, Oliver Lehmann wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've thought about kicking out my celeron 600 and get a new amd64 system
> (Asus A8V) - AGP because I want to reuse my old G400DH. I know that the
> binary drivers matrox supplies are only fuer i386... but did someone took
> the source and tried to compile it with xorg/xfree and amd64? Did it work?
> If not.. any suggestion for a new graphic card which gives me the
> opportunity to connect two CRT monitors to it (no DVI) and is supported
> by xorg (xinerama)?

Unfortunately the HAL is a i386-only binary provided by Matrox which is
required for G400 dualhead.  The source Matrox provides is just the same
open-source driver with a few minor changes.

Is there a reason you can't use a DVI-to-VGA connector and use one of
the various cheap, faster video cards with two heads out there?

--
Eric Anholt                                eta@lclark.edu
http://people.freebsd.org/~anholt/         anholt@FreeBSD.org