Date:      Sun, 2 Aug 1998 12:55:15 -0500
From:      "Frank Pawlak" <fpawlak@execpc.com>
To:        "John Turi" <kookoo@mail13.voicenet.com>, <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: XFREE86 Setup problems - -

On Oct 3, 10:44am, John Turi wrote:
> Subject: XFREE86 Setup problems - -
>
> Hi - I sent an email trying to figure out how to configure X for the Diamond
Stealth II

> Model AGP G460 (Accelerated Graphics Port) with Intel i740 controller
chipset.
> 8MB 100MHz SDRAM
> 203MHz DAC
>
> xf86config, XF86Setup, & XF98Setup had nothing that seemed to weRk. XF98
Burped & locked my machine every time. XF86Setup really was the same selection
as xf86config. Do you have any other suggestions ?

>                                 purple eyes, & purplexed
>                                         kookoo@popmail.voicenet.com
>
> [ Attachment (text/x-html): 1688 bytes
>   Character set: iso-8859-1
>   Encoded with "quoted-printable" ]
>-- End of excerpt from John Turi

What version of FreeBSD and XFree86 are you using?  WHere in the setup process
are you experiencing failure?  We need more detail to actually help with your
problem.  Information on your monitor will be useful also.

BTW, it appears that you system clock is wrong.  Your messages show the date as
October 3rd.

Frank