Date:      Wed, 2 Apr 1997 16:40:07 -0800 (PST)
From:      Doug White <dwhite@gdi.uoregon.edu>
To:        "Eporue.aCid.AiS" <eporue@best.com>
Cc:        support@freebsd.com
Subject:   Re: big problem..

On Wed, 2 Apr 1997, Eporue.aCid.AiS wrote:

> I hope you can help.. I think I may have toated my freebsd box. I was
> working with some directions I got from some people at support@freebsd.org
> to setup a readable dos dir from my dos partition. It seemed to be working,
> anwyays.. I was tring to copy some files I had in my FTP dir to my dos dir
> when I started to get invalid argument messages.

Uh oh.  :(  When you mounted the DOS partition, you didn't by chance get
the message:

Warning:  root is not a multiple of clustersize in length

or something like that.  You should have stopped immediately and not
touched either partition. Unfortunately, you got bit by the bug. :(  There
isn't much we can do for you.  You can try fetching the fixit floppy and
rebuilding the disklabel, but if it hit the kernel then the damage may be
fairly extensive.

> want to loose the setup I had.. took awhile to get it to where I liked it
> and everything was working..

I know; I hate that.