Date:      Thu, 13 Feb 1997 12:08:07 -0500 (EST)
From:      spork <spork@super-g.com>
To:        Mark Murray <mark@grondar.za>
Cc:        Vincent Poy <vince@mail.MCESTATE.COM>, chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Hard Disk Repair

We sent in a disk that had less severe damage than that to a firm called
"DriveSavers".  The problem with ours was a partially hosed board that in
turn fried the spindle motor.  There was no physical damage to the
platters, all they did was take the guts and swap them into a new housing.
This cost about $3500.  A head crash is more severe.

We now have a thorough backup routine...

Charles