Date:      Sun, 25 Nov 2001 18:41:41
From:      "Pierre-Luc Drouin" <pldrouin@hotmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Problem to read datas with Plextor W1610A cd burner

I'm able to burn cds with my plextor w1610a cd burner, but i'm unable to
copy files from a cd to my hd.

From dmesg:
acd0: CD-RW <PLEXTOR CD-R PX-W1610A> at ata1-master using PIO4
acd1: CDROM <LG CD-ROM CRD-8522B> at ata1-slave using PIO4

i can mount a cd and list files on it, but when i try to copy a file, it
says error messages:
acd0: READ_BIG command timeout
acd0: failure to send atapi packet command

cause plextor says that's better to set dma channel on, i've tried sysctl
hw.atamodes=dma,dma,dma,pio  .When i do that, i'm unable to mount a cd

In both configurations, when i try to use my cd burner to read, freebsd
frozes and i must reset my computer...