Date:      Tue, 6 Jan 2009 15:20:12 GMT
From:      gavin@FreeBSD.org
To:        gkmohan@gmail.com, gavin@FreeBSD.org, freebsd-doc@FreeBSD.org, gavin@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: docs/126445: discussion on WEP settings in wpa_supplicant.conf(5) man page

Synopsis: discussion on WEP settings in wpa_supplicant.conf(5) man page

State-Changed-From-To: open->feedback
State-Changed-By: gavin
State-Changed-When: Tue Jan 6 15:10:40 UTC 2009
State-Changed-Why:
To submitter: I'm afraid I don't follow.  There is a section in the
wpa_supplicant.conf man page on how to configure using WEP keys, it is
the last example in the EXAMPLES section of the man page:

|     Traditional WEP configuration with 104 bit key specified in hexadecimal.
|     Note the WEP key is not quoted.
|
|     ctrl_interface=/var/run/wpa_supplicant
|     ctrl_interface_group=wheel
|     network={
|             ssid="example"
|             scan_ssid=1
|             key_mgmt=NONE
|             wep_tx_keyidx=0
|             wep_key0=42FEEDDEAFBABEDEAFBEEFAA55
|     }

This was present in both FreeBSD 6.2-RELEASE and 7.0-RELEASE, and
has been there since.  Perhaps you have somehow failed to update your
system fully?

Responsible-Changed-From-To: freebsd-doc->gavin
Responsible-Changed-By: gavin
Responsible-Changed-When: Tue Jan 6 15:10:40 UTC 2009
Responsible-Changed-Why:
Track