Date:      Sun, 08 Jun 2008 11:06:05 +0200
From:      Daniel Ponticello <daniel@skytek.it>
To:        Jack Vogel <jfvogel@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org, freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: kernel panic on em0/taskq

Hello Jack!

> There was a problem in the watchdog path, I don't recall if
> it was checked in to STABLE, I will check after the weekend.
>
> But, there is also the question of why you are in the watchdog
> path in the first place.

I tried to apply the latest patch 1.184.2.3 2008/05/21 21:34:05 which
includes the watchdog fix you mentioned. Let's see if it helps!
No idea of why i'm in the watchdog path, but I forgot to add that
this is virtualized VM on VmWare ESX (it emulates em interface)... so i
guess it might the cause of why i am
in the watchdog path.

Do you have any ideas of why i wasn't able to collect dump and the
system did not
reboot automatically?

Thanks,

Daniel

--

WBR,
Cordiali Saluti,

Daniel Ponticello, VP of Engineering

Network Coordination Centre of Skytek

---
- For further information about our services:
- Please visit our website at http://www.Skytek.it
---