Date:      Fri, 14 Sep 2001 07:21:34 -0700 (PDT)
From:      <brian.jackson@third-rail.net>
To:        <freebsd-isp@freebsd.org>

Hi -

  We have a cluster of Apache web servers which are "balanced" using round-robin DNS.

  Only one of the systems has user ftp access, and periodically an rsync script is used to make sure that content is replicated to the other systems.  Because of the way the script is currently written, the  log files are overwritten.  In other words, users looking at their access logs see hits on the "primary" server - not a concatenation of all the logs from all servers in the cluster.

  I could copy all of the logs to the primary server, and concatinate them together before each sync. of the cluster, and then not copy that directory to the other servers.....

  Has anyone dealt with this issue?  Is anyone clustering in this fashion (i.e.; cheaply) :) ?

  I'd appreciate any information / discussion on how people have clustered their web servers, and dealt with log / content replication issues.

Thanks,

Brian

--
brian.jackson@third-rail.net