Date:      Mon, 25 Jun 2001 09:48:01 +0800
From:      Yusuf Goolamabbas <yusufg@outblaze.com>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Termcap definitions for rxvt

Hi, Recently I upgraded my desktop box to Redhat 7.1 and it comes along
with rxvt 2.7.5 [don't remember what RH 7.0 has, I'll check on another
box when I get back to office]. rxvt sets the TERM environment variable
to "rxvt". When I ssh into a FreeBSD box, I am unable to use any ncurses
applications since that termcap entry isn't there. If I change my TERM
to "xterm", everything works as expected

I see ncurses 5.1 in /usr/src/contrib/ncurses but don't think the
termcap/terminfo definitions get installed into the system or have I
missed something.

Would it be possible to add termcap entries from the ncurses installtion
into the stock FreeBSD tree ?

Regards, Yusuf
--
Yusuf Goolamabbas