Date:      Sun, 18 Mar 2001 23:57:03 +0100
From:      Gary Jennejohn <garyj@jennejohn.org>
To:        "Alex" <d_f0rce@gmx.de>, <freebsd-isdn@freebsd.org>
Cc:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: ISDN dialin - Problems with userland ppp

On Sunday 18 March 2001 16:48, Alex wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm sending this to freebsd-questions too, because it
> seems to be a userland-ppp problem and not an isdn
> problem. Sorry for the crosspost, if I'm wrong.
>
> I'm trying to enable isdn dialin and DSL dialout with
> i4b and userland ppp. DSL dialout works properly, but
> I couldn't manage to get ISDN dialin to work. It seems
> that the interface between isdnd and userland ppp doesn't work
> because I can see that isdnd is invoking my "regprog" but
> ppp doesn't take over the connection.
>
> I'm using 4.2-R.
> Here are my config-files:

[snip]

First, 2 questions: 1) have you ever tried using ppp to dial out, to make
sure that it even functions ? 2) IIRC ppp has to run as root. Do you start
it as root or is it setuid to root ?

I personally have never tried to use ppp for dialins, I've always used
isppp for that. It just works.

--
Gary Jennejohn garyj@jennejohn.org gj@freebsd.org