Date:      Sat, 5 Jun 1999 23:13:55 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Jason Evans <jasone@canonware.com>
To:        Brian Pontz <pontz@channel1.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Connecting to a network

Everything you present in your email looks okay to me (though I'm no
networking expert).  The next thing I would look at is the routing table.
Type 'netstat -nr' to see what routes are set up.  I'm guessing that you
don't have a default route (a default route has the word 'default' as the
first word of the line) set up.  You can manually add a default route with
the 'route' command.  I think that changing:

defaultrouter="NO"

defaultrouter="10.0.0.1"

(assuming 10.0.0.1 is your gateway) in /etc/rc.conf will cause a default
route to be added during boot.

Jason

Jason Evans <jasone@canonware.com>
http://www.canonware.com/~jasone
Home phone: (650) 856-8204
Work phone: (415) 808-8742
"I once knew a happy medium.  Her name was Zohar." - James Foster