Date:      Thu, 29 Jul 1999 17:05:31 -0700
From:      "Aram Compeau" <aram@tibco.com>
To:        "Craig W. Shaver" <craig@ProGroup.COM>
Cc:        Stan Voket <asv@gaboon.imcinternet.net>, "Craig W. Shaver" <craig@cod.progroup.com>, freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: (Hillbilly PC's aka dual cpu, overclocked celeries

Just FYI, for pricewatch (which I use all the time, also), keep two things in
mind:

1. shady vendors... Some vendors list really low prices on pricewatch, but then
make up the difference with ridiculous shipping fees (Upgrade Source is a prime
example of this). Also, some are known to sell remarked CPUs, and even 66MHz SDRAM
as PC100 SDRAM... :-(...  (go here to check vendor ratings:
http://www.resellerratings.com/a.html - note that Advanced Design of Kentucky
isn't listed, new maybe?). At the very least, don't give your CC # until you get
shipping quoted.

2. The search text box is your friend. :-)  Typing in "abit bp6" and hitting
search will normally take less time than the 'drill-down' mouse navigation (at
least in my experience).

Regards,

Aram