Date:      Fri, 31 Mar 2006 07:52:49 -0800
From:      othermark <atkin901@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-pf@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: include files

Bradley W. Dutton wrote:
> I have 2 routers/firewalls setup with carp/pfsync that keep the network
> going with the same pf.conf. Unfortunately the hardware in these boxes is
> slightly different so the NICs have different names (em/sis/dc/etc).

Do like I do and rename the interfaces in /etc/rc.early

$ cat /etc/rc.early
/sbin/ifconfig fxp0 name admin
/sbin/ifconfig em0 name external
/sbin/ifconfig em1 name internal

Then, just use those names everywhere (/etc/rc.conf, /etc/pf.conf, etc..)

Interface renaming makes your life much much easier.

--
othermark
atkin901 at nospam dot yahoo dot com