Date:      Tue, 15 Jun 2004 22:40:21 +0200
From:      Peter Schuller <peter.schuller@infidyne.com>
To:        Tai-hwa Liang <avatar@mmlab.cse.yzu.edu.tw>
Cc:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Page fault in kernel mode; unable to dump core; reproducable

> That's what I saw on my T40. However, this only happens if I boot with a
> GENERIC kernel instead of a custom one.

This is a T40p, though I am not using GENERIC. I presume there is some
specific driver/feature that is causing it, that I happen to have loaded and
you don't.

> I'm not sure about that; however, I can get the backtrace reliably by
> issuing a 'panic' command in DDB.

Hmm, ok. Do I need to do anything during compilation to enable this then
perhaps? I found some instructions Googling but those were extremely old and
applicable to the new build system. However I then checked the handbook and I
didn't see it mentioned.

> Perhaps this is also related to the thread "Thinkpad panic woes (was Re:
> CDRW causes Thinkpad T41 to panic)" about two weeks ago?
>
> http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-current/2004-June/028173.html

Maybe. While I tried the PS2 solution once, I have i enabled at the moment
(firstly I want the CD-ROM working and secondly if Windows were to break I
would no longer be able to boot from CD nor re-enable the drive bay).

PGP userID: 0xE9758B7D or 'Peter Schuller <peter.schuller@infidyne.com>'
Key retrieval: Send an E-Mail to getpgpkey@scode.org
E-Mail: peter.schuller@infidyne.com Web: http://www.scode.org