Date:      Fri, 6 Dec 2002 14:09:36 -0600
From:      David Kelly <dkelly@hiwaay.net>
To:        chat@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Mickey Mouse Power Plug

On Fri, Dec 06, 2002 at 11:36:36AM -0800, Benjamin Krueger wrote:
> I want to like Apple. Really I do. But come on, a non-standard *power cord*?
> Are they really that desperate to be the only game in town you can buy a
> power cord from?

I don't believe it is nonstandard. Its just not the big fat NEMA plug
most computers (and other Macintoshs) use.

Just because its hard to find the little power cord used by electric
shavers doesn't make it nonstandard. This appears to be a 3 conductor
version of that.

Then again, before Apple put USB on the first iMac, USB was
"nonstandard" by many definitions.

--
David Kelly N4HHE, dkelly@hiwaay.net