Date:      Wed, 4 Oct 2006 17:44:22 -0800
From:      Beech Rintoul <beech@alaskaparadise.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org, backyard1454-bsd@yahoo.com
Subject:   Re: Good References and or Books for learning ADA

--nextPart1252278.B5aq7I7oxE

On Wednesday 04 October 2006 17:39, backyard wrote:
> Hello All,
>
> I'm looking to teach myself ADA using the Gnu Compiler
> Collection and GNATS as my compiler under an i386
> FreeBSD 6.X system. I'm just curious if any ADA
> programmers out there can point me to some decent
> books/online resources for learning the basics and
> more advanced aspects of ADA. They would be most
> useful if they referenced ADA95 as that appears to be
> the standard gnats supports.
>
>  I would also be interested in resources that describe
> integrating (I guess linking is more appropriate of a
> term) C/C++ libraries with ADA. This would mostly be
> for basic use with X Windows and Motif, GTK, or
> whatever makes the windows looks nice when I get that
> far, and OpenGL rendering, and likely ATLAS for
> crunching numbers. Unless there exists some ADA
> libraries for any of the above.
>
> I went to Borders today and couldn't find anything and
> a search online would comes up with millions of books
> that may or may not be useful.
>
> I guess I shouldn't be too supprised I couldn't even
> seem to find a book on Bind at Borders...

I can't help you with ADA, but the O'Reilly book on bind is the best one.=20
Borders can order it and get it to you in a couple of days. They even get=20
them that fast up here in Alaska.

Beech
=2D-=20

Beech Rintoul - Sys. Administrator - beech@alaskaparadise.com
/"\   ASCII Ribbon Campaign  | Alaska Paradise
\ / - NO HTML/RTF in e-mail  | 201 East 9Th Avenue Ste.310
/ \  - Please visit Alaska Paradise - http://www.alaskaparadise.com