Date:      Fri, 31 Oct 1997 16:23:40 +1030
From:      Greg Lehey <grog@lemis.com>
To:        Roz Griston <roslyn_griston@sunshine.net>
Cc:        freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD: Turning PCs into Workstations

On Thu, Oct 30, 1997 at 08:03:26PM -0800, Roz Griston wrote:

>> With that in mind, I'd like to solicit suggestions for a new one, one
>> which will also be added to the new "advertising banner" that I'm
>> having done for the likes of Yahoo and UGU, who use it in their
>> rotational adverts (do a net search for "linux" on yahoo sometime and
>> you'll see it there :-), and to the picture at the top of
>> www.freebsd.org.
>
> How about:
>
> FreeBSD - simply networking for the new millenium.

This reminds me of something.  FreeBSD is the grandson of 4.2BSD,
right, the operating system which paved the way for the Internet.
There should be some catchy phrase with that, but so far it's eluded
me.  Something like

  FreeBSD - the operating system of the Internet

I'm sure somebody can improve on this.

Greg