Date:      Tue, 16 Jul 2002 00:56:49 -0400
From:      Brian T.Schellenberger <bts@babbleon.org>
To:        "Phil Gates" <p_gates@one.net>, <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: ftp client

On Monday 15 July 2002 11:27 am, Phil Gates wrote:
| Hi I sent a question to Document questions and I was told to send all
| questions to  this email address . I am trying to setup a user to only be
| able to login to login as a ftp client. is this possiple.

Sure.  Just set up their "shell" as some commands that doesn't really let
them have a shell, such as ftp itself or even /dev/null and they should be
unable to log in but still do things like FTP.

There might be a better way, but that should be one way.

| I did get a
| answer but I was not able to read the whole email.

Odd.  Why not?  You couldn't understand it or it got cut off?

                                        http://www.babbleon.org

http://www.eff.org                      http://www.programming-freedom.org