Date:      Tue, 17 Aug 2004 09:28:56 +0200
From:      =?ISO-8859-1?Q?S=F8ren_Schmidt?= <sos@DeepCore.dk>
To:        marc@bowtie.nl
Cc:        Jake Khuon <khuon@NEEBU.Net>
Subject:   Re: ATA write-dma interrupt was seen but timeout fired LBA=53346288

Marc van Kempen wrote:

>>It was very frustrating to not have reliable suspend.  However, I think=
>>might have solved it.  Do you have a CDROM (or similar) device attached=
?

>>I added "atacontrol detach 1" to /etc/rc.suspend to detach the CDROM dr=
ive
>>before suspending.  Likewise, I added a complementary "atacontrol attac=
h 1"
>>in /etc/rc.resume.  Since doing that, I have not seen the interrupt
>>problems.  I do notice now that shortly before the re-attachment kicks =
in
>>after coming back from suspend, I will see:
>>
>>Aug 16 15:45:02 Mocha kernel: stray irq15
>>
> I see exactly the same thing (from some quick testing), manually attach=
ing
> detaching the cdrom drive (actually dvd/cdrom-writer) makes suspend/res=
ume
> work reliably!

That does not fix it here at least :(
I cannot tell if I get any stray irq's since the laptop locks before it=20
gets so far as to switch on the display...

>>I'm not sure if this is normal or is an indication of some weird IRQ st=
orm.=20
>>At anyrate, detaching and reattaching during the suspend/resume cycle s=
eems
>>to damp it and stablised the whole ATA subsystem.

An interrupt storm would be bad and make the system seem to lockup in=20
various places, maybe we are seeing that but on different irq's due to=20
how the HW is setup etc..

-S=F8ren