Date:      Sat, 01 Mar 1997 12:10:02 -0600
From:      Lee Crites <adonai@jump.net>
To:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Please help with digiboard switch settings...

I finally did it.  I upgraded to 2.2 so I could use my digiboard.  Now that
I am up and (hopefully) stable, I am trying, once again, to get my digiboard
up and running.  Actually the upgrade from 2.1.5 to 2.2-GAMMA went much,
much smoother than I had anticipated.  I guess the three backups was what
did it.  (If I hadn't had a good backup, according to Murphy, the upgrade
would have crashed everything!)

Well, needless to say, it didn't fix my digiboard problem, or at least
hasn't yet.

When I boot up, I get an error message telling me that dgb cannot be found
at 0x220 (or whatever address I have tried that time).  So, I just need to
set the proper dip-switches and go on, right?  Right!  However, the man who
built my server, which included installing my digiboard, has lost the
installation docu for the digiboard.

[WARNING MODE ON]
Before going on, let me first admit that I am *not* a hardware type.  I
have, from time to time, been able to plug boards in and install drivers,
etc, but that's about it.  So if what I describe below is useless garbage,
I'm sorry...
[WARNING MODE OFF]

So, I have the board in question in my hand, so here's what I can tell you:

on the end (you see out the back of the computer):
* one 78-pin female connector
* one four-toggle dip-switch

on the back (the side without the 'stuff' on it):
* sticker states "PC/8e ISA" with "REV:H" printed on it as well
* sticker states "55-405", "9630", "REV G", and "B85665"
* card has "DI 30001752 REV B" stamped on it (under green film)

on the front:
* card has "DI AN 30001754 REV _____" stamped on it, on top of the green
film, with "G" handwritten in the blank

That's it...

My first thought was to try their web site.  No luck.  The hardware
documentation which they have on-line, while it looks good, does not
describe anything like my card.  And, of course, the supplied utility just
doesn't work on FreeBSD.

If you can provide any assistance, I would sing your praises...

Lee