Date:      Mon, 10 Apr 2017 21:04:04 +0200
From:      "O. Hartmann" <ohartmann@walstatt.org>
To:        Toomas Soome <tsoome@me.com>
Cc:        FreeBSD CURRENT <freebsd-current@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: r316677:EFI boot failure: Can't load kernel

--Sig_/wi.qSKhre3gvHa24St8px2=

Am Mon, 10 Apr 2017 21:59:00 +0300
Toomas Soome <tsoome@me.com> schrieb:

> > On 10. apr 2017, at 21:04, O. Hartmann <o.hartmann@walstatt.org> wrote:
> >=20
> > Am Mon, 10 Apr 2017 16:14:21 +0300
> > Toomas Soome <tsoome@me.com> schrieb:
> >  =20
> >>=20
> >>=20
> >> hm, this implies that r316676 was ok? If so, the only logical conclusi=
on is that it
> >> hast to do about the kernel size and if there is enough space in UEFI =
memory to place
> >> the kernel.
> >>=20
> >> You can fetch the current memory map from loader OK prompt with memmap=
 command, I
> >> hope this will help to identify the issue.
> >>=20
> >> rgds,
> >> toomas =20
> >=20
> >=20
> > And?
> >=20
> > Regrads,
> >=20
> > oh
> >  =20
>=20
> Well, the memory needed is starting from the:
>=20
> #define KERNEL_PHYSICAL_BASE (2*1024*1024)
>=20
> and it should be large enough for kernel. But it feels a bit like barking=
 under the
> random tree; the problem is that the error is not telling us anything why=
 it did
> happen:(
>=20
> This message you get is coming from sys/boot/common/boot.c, as part of th=
e autoload
> sequence; did you try to load kernel manually with load command? also if =
you have old
> kernel around, does old kernel get loaded?
>=20
> rgds,
> toomas
>=20
>=20
>=20
>=20

I haven't done anything yet, since the accident happened when I left my bur=
eau and I
desperately tried to examine on the fly what happened.

I'll be at the box tomorrow morning and I will check whether I can load the=
 old kernel
manually.

I'll report in what happened.

Kind regards,

oh

--=20
O. Hartmann

Ich widerspreche der Nutzung oder =C3=9Cbermittlung meiner Daten f=C3=BCr
Werbezwecke oder f=C3=BCr die Markt- oder Meinungsforschung (=C2=A7 28 Abs.=
 4 BDSG).