Date:      Tue, 11 Jul 2006 11:42:07 -0500
From:      eculp@bafirst.com
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: google earth port broken

Quoting Alex Dupre <ale@FreeBSD.org>:

> h wrote:
>> i just installed google earth from a fresh ports tree, and when it
>> starts, first it complains about open gl emulation (while my xorg is
>> on nvidia drivers) (you can get rid of the warning) and then it
>> hangs ... it draws some windows, but never earth.
>>
>> it always hangs on the "loading myplaces, ..." window.
>>
>> top shows it on "pause" at this point.
>
> Same problem here, with an ATI radeon. No complains on opengl, but
> hangs  on startup. I tried to remove the .googleearth profile in my
> homedir, and the hang shifted to 'displaying earth', but the issue
> remains.

Hmmm.  I just tried it and it doesn't seem to like my linux thread
library so I never get to the "loading myplaces" :(

  ./libgoogleearth.so(_ZN5earth6client11ApplicationC1EiPPcb+0x923) [0x2874b2c3]
  ./googleearth-bin [0x804c73d]
  /lib/obsolete/linuxthreads/libc.so.6(__libc_start_main+0x8f) [0x29c132e7]
  ./googleearth-bin(__gxx_personality_v0+0x41) [0x804a961]

ed