Date:      Fri, 21 Feb 1997 21:33:03 -0500 (EST)
From:      Cliff Addy <fbsdlist@revelstone.jvm.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   newer pine?

I was very disappointed to see that the 2.1.6 cd did not have a port of
the latest pine.  We have a constant problem with the current port when
the user loses their connection, the process runs wild, eating 80% of the
cpu time.

Supposedly this is a known bug that is fixed in the latest pine.  I tried
compiling the source, but there is no direct support of fbsd and I could
not get it working.

Will the newer version be ported soon?  Barring that, does anyone know
what needs to be hacked to get a good compile on the newer code?