Date:      Mon, 23 Aug 1999 10:18:31 +0200
From:      Marcel Moolenaar <marcel@scc.nl>
To:        emulation@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ANNOUNCE: Linuxulator on -current now supports RH 6.0

Ollivier Robert wrote:

> BTW Have you verified if SO 5.1 works after the commit you made ? It was
> mentioned that you omitted part of it and it could cause problems. My CURRENT
> is not CURRENT enough for me to verify it at the moment.

You know how it is, people yell first...
In short: I didn't omit anything. The patch removed a line which added '\n'
to the result. That was the thing people yelled about. It was also in the
original patch, but it seems nobody really paid attention to it in the
first place :-)

jdp verified the behaviour with RH 5.2. There's a really minor difference,
but that doesn't break applications that are not already broken.

In anyway, yes. I've installed SO 5.1 "out of the box" on -stable. I was
surprised to see the same bug in the installer again: you need to set
LD_LIBRARY_PATH otherwise it can't find a so it just installed...

--
Marcel Moolenaar                                  mailto:marcel@scc.nl
SCC Internetworking & Databases                     http://www.scc.nl/