Date:      Sun, 11 Nov 2007 11:17:01 -0800
From:      Robert Campbell <bobert.campbell@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Cc:        Ben <strbenjr@yahoo.com>
Subject:   Re: Assistance needed with speed of EVDO / UMODEM

http://www.cs.cmu.edu/~dga/dot/fbsd_pc5220/ppp.conf is an exampled based
on the standard dialup script.  I manage several remote boxes on verizon
and sprint EVDO networks, and haven't really been able to get beyond 50
kbytes/s, but thats been ok for my needs so I haven't pressed it.

You can modify the baud rate and I believe the real secret is in the
modem initialization string where you should be able to modify the
internal settings...which may be different for every model.

Hope that helps, good luck.

Robert Campbell

PS. Be careful about using more than 5GB per month, at least Verizon
will bring the hammer down, currently.