Date:      Fri, 25 Oct 1996 23:43:53 -0700
From:      David Greenman <dg@root.com>
To:        "Sean T. Lamont ." <zeno@serv.net>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: panic

>We have a copy of 2.1.5-stable and have gotten a message:
>
>vm_free: freeing free page
>
>on a number of occasions. I assume this is a kernel bug, but I'm wondering
>if there's a 2.2 which is stable enough to be usable and fixes this problem,
>or anything else I can do about it.

   I've heard of a problem like this from a couple of other people, but I've
never seen it here or on any of the machines that I manage. It's got to be
triggered by some specific thing that happens on your machine that doesn't
normally happen on most people's machines. Is there anything unusual about
the load or types of things you're doing on your machine?

-DG

David Greenman