Date:      Fri, 5 Jan 1996 19:12:19 -0500 (EST)
From:      Kendall Koning <kkoning@freenet.macatawa.org>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Kernel Compiling in 2.1.0-RELEASE

I am experiencing problems compiling the Kernel.
I follow the directions outlines in the FAQ, but the
config MYKERNEL
line is confusing...
does it mean to actually type
config MYKERNEL?
because I tried that, and it didn't work.
Meanwhile, I can't run X, because I have a PS/2 style mouse
(requires kernel recompile)

It's a newly installed system, I chose the custom install, and installed
all of the sources (except for X) and all but a few of the ports...

I'm probably doing something really stupid, but any sugesstions would be
appriciated...  (This is my first ever experience with UNIX besides the
InterNET.)

-kkoning