Date:      Tue, 29 Jun 1999 20:43:09 AKDT
From:      Random Liegh <randomliegh@hotmail.com>
To:        Doug@gorean.org
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re:

>From: Doug <Doug@gorean.org>
>To: Random Liegh <randomliegh@hotmail.com>
>CC: questions@FreeBSD.ORG
>Subject: Re: "no ufs", aggravated beyond belief
>Date: Tue, 29 Jun 1999 19:53:41 -0700
>
>Random Liegh wrote:
> >
> > Hi
> > This is _NOT_ fun. I have tried downloading freebsd 3 times so far and
> > each time I have gotten the same message: "no ufs".
>
>	Did you by any chance use dos fdisk to create a logical and/or extended
>partition, then try to install into that? If so, it might cause the
>problems you're describing.
>
>Good luck,
>
>Doug

Thanks for responding. :)
No, I *had*, on my 3rd try used fips to cut further into my dos/win
partition, and then change the type using the slice editor. (what command
*is* that anyways? can it be accessed from the command line? just for future
reference....) But that wound up giving me error messages so I wound up
using the slice editor/fdisk to remove that partition and the previous
freebsd partition and created a new "slice" onto wich I made a new series of
filesystems and re-installed
the OS and programs onto.
Btw, since I didn't say so before, I'm trying to get FreeBSD 3.2 running.
I apologize for any harshness/whining in my last post: this is day #5 of
this...and my nerves are definately frayed.

Thanks again,
-Random