Date:      Fri, 27 Jan 2012 05:49:23 -0600
From:      ajtiM <lumiwa@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Cc:        Pierre-Luc Drouin <pldrouin@pldrouin.net>, Dan Nelson <dnelson@allantgroup.com>
Subject:   Re: Problems with libz since libz.so.5 is gone...

On Thursday 26 January 2012 16:40:59 Dan Nelson wrote:
> In the last episode (Jan 26), Pierre-Luc Drouin said:
> > so various ports, in particular the java ports, are giving me headaches
> > since /lib/libz.so.5 was replaced by /lib/libz.so.6.  I managed to update
> > most of my ports, but the binary java ports, such as diablo-jdk16, are
> > now installing broken binary files.  Even if I put an entry such as
> >
> > libz.so.4 libz.so.6
> >
> > in /etc/libmap.conf
>
> libmap (or symlinking) only works for libraries that have a compatible ABI.
> The version number of libz was bumped precisely because the ABI changed :)
>
> Install the misc/compat8x port to get libz.so.5 back until you can replace
> diablo-jdk16 with openjdk6.

I did install openjdk6 with portmaster -o and I have two problems still (I did
reinstall Opera and LibreOffice)"
Opera misses libz.so.5 (I didn't install yet compat-8x) and LibreOffice misses
libjawt.so which is in /usr/local/openjdk6/jre/lib/i386/libjawt.so

Mitja
--------
http://jpgmag.com/people/lumiwa