Date:      Thu, 22 Mar 2001 01:12:12 +0100
From:      Ernst de Haan <ernst@jollem.com>
To:        Okazaki Tetsurou <okazaki@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        Palle Girgensohn <girgen@partitur.se>, freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: ports/24291: New port: ant build tool for Java

Hi Okazaki,

> How about to make it depend on javavmwrapper as below?
>
> RUN_DEPENDS=    ${JAVAVM}:${PORTSDIR}/java/javavmwrapper
> JAVAVM?=        ${LOCALBASE}/bin/javavm

Hmm, what if the user does not have *any* Java VM installed? Will this install
jdk1.1.8? And what if I *want* my port to rely on a JDK 1.2 or a JDK 1.3?

Don't get me wrong, I really like the idea of a Java VM wrapper, but I
couldn't get much information about it on the freebsd-java mailing list, check
out my postings of a few months ago. Anyway, I just submitted an update of the
java/xalan-j port which uses the javavmwrapper the way you described it. It
works on one of *my* systems :)

> >  Also, now ant is 1.3... still nothing committed... It's been
> >  six months since Leo Kim submitted the first port for ant
> >  (ports/21435), and still nothing... it is hilarious... :(
>
> Sorry for inconvenience yours such a long time.  I will add
> ant 1.3 port based on Ernst's version.  One thing I wonder

Okay, I can do it too, but you can beat me to it :)

Ernst

--
Ernst de Haan
Java Architect

    "Come to me all who are weary and burdened
        and I will give you rest" -- Jesus Christ