Date:      Fri, 03 Aug 2012 13:21:10 +0100
From:      =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Attila_Bog=E1r?= <attila.bogar@linguamatics.com>
To:        freebsd-fs@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: NFS I/O or permission denied errors

On 03/08/12 01:03, Attila Bogár wrote:
> See the attached bash script.
Sorry, my script has been stripped off by the list.

It's nothing rocket science, takes an export list from a file
(/root/fs.txt) and mounts the nfs shares in a loop.

-- 8< --
#!/bin/bash

sleepmount=0.33

function mount.all() {
   set -e
   j=0
   while read fs
   do
     echo mounting $fs
     sleep $sleepmount
     mount -t nfs -v -o sec=sys,vers=3,proto=tcp server:$fs /mnt/$j
     sleep $sleepmount
     umount -f /mnt/$j
     j=$[j+1]
   done < /root/fs.txt
   set +e
}

function umount.all() {
   umount -f /mnt/* &>/dev/null
}

fsno="$(wc -l /root/fs.txt|cut -d' ' -f1)"
umount.all
i=0;while [ $i -lt $fsno ]; do echo $i; mkdir /mnt/$i ; i=$[i+1]; done

i=0
while [ $i -lt 1000 ]
do
   i=$[i+1]
   echo "RUN: $i" | tee /tmp/nfstest.status
   mount.all
done
-- 8< --

sec=sys,vers=3,proto=udp seems stable, tcp gets an I/O error within 2-3
minutes.

I'm testing this from an up to date CentOS 6.3 nfs client.

I suspicious about the network stack. I tried turning off msi and TSO on
the bce card, but no change yet.
I also took down my lagg interface and tried the onboard single bce, no
change.

This gentleman had a similar problem with nfsv4 but he got no hint from
the list:
http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-stable/2012-June/068658.html

Can someone reproduce the problem or it is specific to my hardware?

Thanks,
   Attila