Date:      Tue, 30 Aug 2005 16:21:20 -0700
From:      Vizion <vizion@vizion.occoxmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Cc:        Robert Slade <bsd@bathnetworks.com>
Subject:   Re: Proliant 5000 sever Fbsd 5.4 (re)boot problem

On Tuesday 30 August 2005 13:31,  the author Robert Slade contributed to the
dialogue on-
 Re: Proliant 5000 sever Fbsd 5.4 (re)boot problem:

>On Tue, 2005-08-30 at 21:20, Vizion wrote:
>> On Tuesday 30 August 2005 13:22,  the author Robert Slade contributed to
>> the dialogue on-
>>
>>  Re: Proliant 5000 sever Fbsd 5.4 (re)boot problem:

>> >David,
>> >
>> >Thanks. The BIOS setting appear ok - OS type is set as UNIX (Small disk
>> >geometry) and the machine passes all the diagnostics.
>> >
>> >Rob
>>
>> I cannot remember - but I have sneaking notion that you need to set it as
>> linux
>
>Tried that too :-). I think that the problem is that with 5.4 release #2
>it is trying to access that scsi drives immediately then inducing the
>kernel panic for 15s.  Rather than inducing the panic 1st.
>
>Rob

Did you follow my suggestion and search the HP resources with freebsd and your
model.  I have had the same problem myself I am pretty certain it was fixed
by changes using the Proliant Essrntial Foundation Pack.. but my memory may
not be accurate.
david