Date:      Thu, 12 Sep 2002 18:58:40 -0700
From:      Terry Lambert <tlambert2@mindspring.com>
To:        Dave Hayes <dave@jetcafe.org>
Cc:        "Neal E. Westfall" <nwestfal@directvinternet.com>, Giorgos Keramidas <keramida@ceid.upatras.gr>, Joshua Lee <yid@softhome.net>, chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Why did evolution fail?

Dave Hayes wrote:
> You didn't specify the plurality or singularity of your reference
> to "life" in your original statement. Attempting to move to the
> singular form now, once the misunderstanding is done, can only
> be your attempt to demonstrate superiorty even in the absence of
> such a contest.

"the floor of the stock exchange" isn't alive, the people standing
on it are.

> > My refutation was of the statement prior to the conjunctive comma.
>
> Thus ignoring anything after it.

Yes; that's how conjunctive statements work:

	statement_1 && statement_2

There's no need to evaluate statement_2, if statement_1 is false,
even if statement_2 does a "read".

> >> I think it demonstrates incredible arrogance, to say you can
> >> act but you don't. It certainly isn't tolerance.
> >
> > I posted the calculus of non-repudiation which could be implemented;
>
> And this is relevant to anything but your arrogance because...?

It proves that it is not arrogance to believe that I can act.
Would you have preferred that I stated that you thinking it
doesn't make it true?

> You refuse to deal with the assertion that it is common sense to
> ignore something you don't like, citing a bunch of mathematical
> hogwash instead of using simple words to explain your position as to
> why this is not true.

On the contrary.  I agreed with you very early on.  I will do
so again, so you can quit beating this dead horse:

I agree that it is common sense to ignore something you don't
like.

Now you can agree with a statement of mine: there exist people
who can make valuable contributions, but who do not always
exhibit common sense.

> We aren't talking about Schelling points, it's irrelevant to consider
> game theory, try demonstrating your own principles by explaining in
> simple terms why you won't deal with this one issue.

I have dealt with the issue before, and I have just dealt with
the issue yet again.

-- Terry