Date:      Tue, 21 Sep 2004 19:49:03 +0300 (EEST)
From:      Radu MOLNAR <taipan@hawat.cc.ubbcluj.ro>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   instalation problem (urgent)

I have a problem with FreeBSD instalation. I tried 5.3BETA5 5.2.1 and 4.9
all with the same result.
When sysinstall starts i choose custom and proceed to creating the slice
and partitions(only one slice and one partion plus swap). I tried two
ways.
I go to Partition, create the slice on the entire hard drive press q
and choose BootMgr.
Then i go to label and create my partion and swap.
(in both these steps i dont write changes)
I choose my distributions and them commit.
When i press commit the computer instantly reboots without anything beeing
done. After restart i see the slice and partitions but i cant install as
get errors.

The second way is to write changes when i make the slice and partitions.
When making the slice there are no problems. I create it press w and get
the message "Wrote FDISK partition information out succesfully."
Then i go to label and create the partion and swap.
When i press w i get the message "WARNING! Unable to swap to
/dev/ad0s1b: Device not configured. This may couse the instalation to fail
at some point if you dont have a lot of memory" and then "Unable to make
new root filesystem on /dev/ad0s1a! Command returned status 1"

The computer is a AMD k6-2/350 Mhz, the hard drive is a Fujitsu
mpb3021atu (2G), 64M RAM

Any ideas?

thanks
Radu