Date:      Mon, 28 Jul 2014 06:34:08 -0600 (MDT)
From:      Warren Block <wblock@wonkity.com>
To:        Jos Chrispijn <kernel@webrz.net>
Cc:        "freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD 10

On Mon, 28 Jul 2014, Jos Chrispijn wrote:

>   Would it be a good idea to use BSD 10 Stable in a commercial
>   environment or should I sitck to BSD 9.3 Stable for two years?

It depends on your usage.  I consider -STABLE to be a bug-fixed version
of -RELEASE, and have run it for years in various applications.  The
only problems in that time were occasional buildworld breakages, none of
them affecting the running version.

Netflix ran -STABLE on their systems, although I don't know if they
still do.

If -STABLE is a concern, you can install 10-STABLE now and update to
10.1-RELEASE after it comes out in a few months.