Date:      Fri, 21 Dec 2001 17:47:58 +0100
From:      Matthias Schuendehuette <msch@snafu.de>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Cc:        jlemon@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: isp-device broken in 4.5-PRERELEASE

Hello again,

> [...]
> After that, i played around with 'ping -n' and 'tcpdump -n' and
> found, that the sppp-part works fine (authentication succeeds), even
> the ICMP-packets are going forth and back (the dial-out process is
> triggered and i can see the packets in the tcpdump output) but
> obviously they never reach the ping process again.

Two more observations on that issue:

1) 'ping -S <local static IP-Address> 194.64.64.23' works.

2) My FreeBSD-Box is configured as a gateway for my girl-friends
   Windoze-Box with 'natd' and 'ipfw' - *That* works as well.

So, when routing enters the game, everything 's fine. Perhaps this
narrows the location of the bug further...

Ciao/BSD - Matthias