Date:      Wed, 09 Jul 2008 17:53:00 +0100
From:      Tom Evans <tevans.uk@googlemail.com>
To:        Josh Mason <wtf.matters@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-security@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: BIND update?

--=-SZeooeFIxLpaMEJiu+hP

On Wed, 2008-07-09 at 12:09 -0400, Josh Mason wrote:
> So when all else fails claim that we should expect nothing more from
> volunteers. Message received and understood.
>=20
> We all know how the rest of the opensource operating system community
> has legions of paid developers. Poor FreeBSD.

Are you ignoring the large number of full time developers employed by
redhat and their ilk? This means they are a company delivering a
product, supported by full time developers, who are paid out of support
contracts. This is why redhat is described as a 'vendor'; they sell you
stuff.=20

FreeBSD is a volunteer project. This means that there is no-one at all
who is paid by FreeBSD to write code for FreeBSD.

If this doesn't fit your needs, perhaps you need to re-evaluate your
choices.

My 2 cents..

Tom Evans

--=-SZeooeFIxLpaMEJiu+hP