Date:      Wed, 12 Jul 2006 23:24:41 +0300
From:      Luchezar Petkov <luchezar.petkov@gmail.com>
To:        FreeBSD-Questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Musicpd problems

Hi list,
   I've installed The Music Player Daemon (MPD) from the ports
   (audio/musicpd). I have a nice configuration file [1] in
   /usr/local/etc/mpd.conf, but, when I run:

   /usr/local/etc/rc.d/musipd.sh start [or stop, or restart, whatever]

   its not doing anything. I've copied the config file in ~/.mpdconf and
   then tryed to run "mpd --create-db". It created a database, but, when
   I run ncmpc --port 2100 (or any other client) I'm getting:

   error [13]: problems connecting to "localhost" on port 2100

   Then, I've added "mpd_enable=YES" in /etc/rc.conf, and rebooted.
   Nothing.

   Sorry if its someting stupid, but I'm a newbie in UNIX[and Linux].
   Maybe the problem is in my /etc/hosts [2]?
   Or maybe the rc.d script is broken?

   Thank you.
   ---
   FreeBSD lilly.evo.bg 6.1-STABLE FreeBSD 6.1-STABLE #0: Sun Jul  9
   00:54:55 EEST 2006     lucho@lilly.evo.bg:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/LILLY
   i386

   [1] http://lucho.sagehall.com/files/mpd.conf
   [2] http://lucho.sagehall.com/files/hosts