Date:      Sat, 19 Apr 2014 07:46:24 -0700
From:      Adrian Chadd <adrian@freebsd.org>
To:        Roman Naumann <namor@hemio.de>
Cc:        "freebsd-wireless@freebsd.org" <freebsd-wireless@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: State of ath(4) Driver

Hi!

I just updated the manpage for ath(4) in -HEAD.

TL;DR:

* 11n is fine in STA and hostap mode. I'm still debugging things, but
it's usable.
* multiple VAP is fine. Just put 'bssid' on the ifconfig create line
so each VAP gets autoassigned a separate MAC address
* WPA is supported. I even made it work on the 5210.
* 5ghz is fine.
* You can use both 2.4 and 5, just not simultaneously on the same card
* 20 and 40MHz channel widths are fine
* Everything up to the AR9565 should work okay.

-a